We inform customers about planned power outages. For unplanned power outages, power restoration times will vary as we diligently work to find the cause of the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Please read on:
1. For After Business Hour Emergencies, please contact us at
Online form: http://outage.solvayny.net
Emergency Call Center: 315-488-2893
2. Check for Linemen updates: http://alerts.solvayny.net
3. Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed. Food in the refrigerator will stay
approximately six to nine hours without spoiling and frozen foods will stay
approximately 24 hours in the freezer.
4. Disconnect sensitive appliances (example microwaves, televisions and computers) to
prevent any potential power surge which may occur when power is restored.
5. Items to keep on hand for a power outage are: medical supplies, a battery powered radio or a hand crank radio, battery powered alarm clock, flashlights and extra batteries, cell phone.
For more questions please contact the Line Department or Garage: 315-468-6229. The business hours for the electric linemen’s garage are Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM except holidays.