Village of Solvay
COMMUNITY MEETING NOTICE
This will provide notice of a public meeting to be held on:
September 26, 2023
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Geddes Town Hall
The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss a community vision for the
Milton Avenue Corner Project
Please Join Us to:
- Contribute to the development of the downtown vision
- Identify needs, opportunities, and potential projects — such as improved public transportation, increased access to affordable childcare, or new retail spaces to diversify the downtown’s current offerings
- Learn about and review the project(s) proposed for inclusion in an upcoming NYS NY Forward grant competition, and propose additional ideas
- The Milton Corner, LLC project consists of the redevelopment of a section of the Village of Solvay’s Main Street in Solvay, NY
- Presently the Village of Solvay is categorized as a “Level !, Severe Distress” community. The development team has spent several years of negotiation with the prior land owners to assemble and purchase five contiguous lots that have languished as an undeveloped, vacant eyesore and missed economic development opportunity for the village for many years.
- The project as is will create a 21st century addition to the village’s central main street district which would be consistent with the community’s vision to reestablish residential and retail business in the village’s center.
- The Milton Corner building revitalization will include redevelopment of a mixed use building with parking and storage in the basement area. The proposed project will include 12,000 square feet of modern retail space at street level and 32 modern 1-3 bedroom residential units on the upper two floors of which 25% of the units will be committed as affordable housing units.