Thank you, for visiting the Village of Solvay website. We are constantly updating our website with new information, so please take a look around and we hope you will find our website useful.
Village Current Meetings Announcements:
This notice is given for informational purposes, in accordance with the
New York State Open Meeting Law, and shall not be published as a “legal notice”.
Code Committee Meeting
Village Hall Conference Room, Basement, 1100 Woods Road, Solvay, NY
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 – 6:00 p.m.
Regular Village Board Meeting
Town of Geddes Court Room, 1000 Woods Road, Solvay, NY
…Village of Solvay Department NEWS…
Please visit our Department Page.
Our Code book is online. Village of Solvay Code Book Online
PLEASE NOTE: Any person signing up for electrical service (RENTAL PROPERTY ONLY) will have a forty eight (48) hour waiting period before any service will be connected. The Codes Department will need to inspect the property before any tenant can move in.
Solvay Electric will be testing the “Elevated Voltage” and will continue through 2014 until completed.
Our crews will be making frequent stops in the Solvay Electric area.
This includes all streets, roads and parks that contain Solvay Electric assets.
Solvay Electric Company apologizes for any inconveniences that will incur to our customers, friends, and neighbors.
Feher Rubbish Removal, Inc. will now be servicing the Village of Solvay.
1. Your pick up day will remain the same.
2. Trash and recyclables will be collected between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Your trash and recyclables must be out by 7:00 a.m. the day of the pickup.
3. Please place containers outside of road pavement and any gutters so as not to obstruct traffic or block drainage. Do not place in front of mailboxes.
4. Please remember to recycle. It is mandatory in Onondaga County. Recyclable materials should be placed in the blue bins you have used in the past.
5. Trash and refuse must be placed in COVERED rigid plastic or metal containers. If plastic bags are used, they must be placed inside rigid containers . We recommend using plastic bags inside the container, as this will prevent loose trash from freezing and not being emptied completely. The COVERED container will prevent snow and water from entering the packing unit so liquid will not leak onto the streets.
6. Full containers must not weigh more than 75 pounds. Plastic bags not in covered containers and containers, including trash, weighing more than 75 pounds, will not be picked up.
7. Scraps of wood will be collected provided they are bundled together, less than 3 feet long and less than 25 pounds in weight. Only one bundle per week, per household, will be collected.
8. Garbage can lids that are not attached will be set back in the can. Garbage can lids that are attached will be left open.
9. The Village of Solvay WILL continue to pickup brush, leaves, grass clippings, cuttings, etc. As in the past, please call the Highway Department at 468-1606 to schedule a large item pick-up.
10. Any of these items mistakenly left at the curb will not be picked up by Feher Rubbish.
11. The Highway Department has a new phone system. Please listen to all of the options and then make your selection.
12. Any questions about your trash and recyclables, please call Feher Rubbish at 422-0715.